Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Tim Barber Walk for POP

Today my mom, my niece Ally and I participated in the Walk for POP (Prostate On-site Project).   I heard about this two mile walk through a Facebook friend's posts about Autumn and Tim Barber.  I knew Autumn from my high school years although I haven't seen her since.  Two years ago at the young age of 40, Tim was diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer.  He was in great shape and had no symptoms.  He passed away last month.  Autumn is expecting twins in January.  The Walk for POP is raising awareness and urging men to have PSA testing done early.  35 is not too early to get a baseline with this blood test.

So here I am, doing my part.  Men, please talk to your doctor about this screening.  Ladies, urge your men (not just hubby's but dads, brothers, friends, uncles) to get checked.  Many of them don't make it to the doctor unless we pester them about it. 



This is yet another "guest photographer" post.  My cousin Stephanie was also there with her family and took this photo for us.  Great shot, Steph!  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment