Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fun Friday at the Zoo

Fall has threatened to show up so we headed to the zoo yesterday to meet our friends, Missy and Owen.  It was warm but we had a great time, as usual.  I brought along my telephoto lens and got a lot of practice with it.  Here are some of my favorites.


At String Ray Bay- We were able to touch the sting rays as they swam around the pool.  Some were very friendly.  The boys loved it!


Ryan was helping- more like supervising- one of the volunteers in charge of keeping the pool clean.



Owen is waiting for just the right time to reach in and touch a sting ray.  Like maybe next week...



Missy helped Owen and Ryan touch the sting rays.  Ryan little arms were too short to reach very far so it was hard for him.  But he did it!



Logan was delighted after touching a sting ray.  I LOVE this smile of his.  I completely melts my heart.


Ryan climbed in the baboon's habitat to see what they were doing.  Just kidding.  This is actually his reflection on the glass.  But it sounds like something he'd do, right?



The giraffes were out and about today.  Great practice with my telephoto lens.



More practice with the telephoto lens.



Playing under the picnic table after lunch.


More fun under the picnic table.

No comments:

Post a Comment